Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kevin Louis Kirn...My Nephew


Pictured is Kevin with his lovely wife, Kathy and their three kids. Here we see Kaila, Kory, and Kyle. They are a lot of fun to be around and I wish that I lived closer to spend more time with them.
Kevin was like a little brother to me while growing up and we have a great deal of history together. Whenever we get together we enjoy each other's company and it really doesn't matter how long it has been since the last time we saw each other.
I remember a spring in St. Louis back in the early 80's when I was a carpenter and married to Tina. I came home tired from work so I took a shower, got a bite to eat, and laid down on my bed for a nap. I was awakened to a strange noise I heard thru the opened window. The sound kept repeating itself and captured my curiosity. Now I was awake and had to find out what was going on. When I looked out my window there was nothing to be found, but when I went outside and looked over my house I discovered what was happening.
A large multi-colored hot air baloon piloted by Kevin was hovering over my rooftop and he was creating this sound by giving the baloon more gas. Now I was awake, but I thought I was still dreaming. Kevin and I always have a great laugh about this incident.
My sister JoAnn informed me on Sunday that Kevin has a cancerous tumor growing out of his right lung. I then called Kevin to find out that he was starting radiation treatment on the following day. Kevin, I know you'll pull thru. I'm counting on you!
(click image to enlarge)

No comments: