Sunday, September 7, 2008

Joseph & Della Froehly







The image of this posting is taken from the US census taken on April 11, 1930. The location of the family was St. Louis, Missouri and the census states that Joseph & Della were each 37 years of age and they had four children. Joseph and Della were 24 years old when they married. Both Joseph & Della would have been born in 1913, however I have been told by my Mom & Aunt Dolly that my Grandmother was older than my Grandfather.

According to the information contained in this census Joseph was born in Pennsylvania and it was actually Pittsburgh as I will show you in another posting later. His mother & father were both born in Alsace Lorraine, France. Della on the other hand was born in Missouri. Her parents, Michael & Catherine Geraghty were born in Ireland and immigrated to the United States in 1882.
In 1930 Joseph & Della Froehly owned their home and it was valued at $2,000.

Virginia, 11 was the oldest child. Ryan and Joseph were 9 year old twin boys and Katherine was the youngest at 5. ...Note Ryan as he was called at that time is actually my uncle Chubby. His given name is Michael Ryan as his middle name was the maiden name of Della's mother. My other Uncle Joseph was known as Junior. My Aunt Dolly's first name is Katherine with a K.

No comments: